Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Prep work!

Now, I've traveled before. I've even traveled internationally. This time is different. I am responsible for a great deal more than I have been in the past. It's been eye opening for sure, with difficulties for sure. Right now I'm in the "I have 10 days till I leave" phase of my packing - and let's just say I think of something else I'll need about every few hours. Latest development being an umbrella - mine being in the possession of my sister in Boone. What items I am bringing, will need to fit into my 22" suitcase with room for souvenirs. Not easy for me - the girl who changes outfits four times before leaving the house. Still on my to-do list are the following:
-make copies of all my forms of ID
-re-print my flight documents (times have changed)
-pick up the journal I ordered from Staples
-call and notify my bank about my international travel
-download movies to watch during the flight (50 First Dates is a must)
.... and an umbrella.
Oh yea - also need to launder all my clothes, stuff them into my suitcase, stick all the luggage tags on (that my mother so lovingly made for me) and pray it doesn't get lost.

Seems simple enough. Stay tuned for a report on how I am totally unprepared the day before my trip and scrambling to get ready.

祝福 (blessings),

Katy

Japanese word of the day:
Prepare
準備する
(junbi suru)

No comments:

Post a Comment